Monday 23 April 2012

Surrendering completely to God......

I recently proclaimed that I have completely surrendered to God... I have surrendered to His will for me. That was a lie because I am still making plans for what I desire, what I want in life. Am I really listening to God, or am I speaking for Him? What does it mean to really surrender to Him? And how do I do it? I must also prepare myself that what God wants for me.... and where He wants me to go may not be what I want..... it might not even be pleasant, BUT I must remember that even Jesus, the son of God did not want to be crucified and pleaded with His father to get out of it. Yet, He obeyed. I too must obey, because God has my best interest and purpose in mind. It may not make sense or even be appealing "in the moment," but I MUST obey. No one said that following Christ would be easy........ remember that this world teaches us to "follow our dreams", "do what makes YOU feel good"..... it all sounds great, but remember that this way of thinking and doing is all about YOU. There is no room for God with that way of thinking and pursuing. Living for God is the greatest journey for a Christian..... I pray I gain the strength, courage and self control to venture into this journey... always keeping eternity with Christ as my focus, my purpose, my pursuit........ Have a wonderful week everyone!! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment