Tuesday 10 April 2012

I "think" I am clinging to God..... but then I sin, stumble and fall... forgetting....

 Personal Note: Even though I continue to cling to God and His Word.... surrendering to Him.... when it comes time to act, I shamefully watch myself fail... putting away the peace, love and strength He has placed in my heart and I jump on assumptions, anger and retaliation... hurting those I love, but ultimately, afflicting pain and damage to myself. I pray that these moments of weakness will be imprinted in my mind so that I may remember them often, using them as "markers", so that I may have control to overcome them the next time.... and there will always be a next time! "Set up road markers for yourself; make yourself guideposts; consider well the highway, the road by which you went" Jeremiah 31:21 Self-control and spiritual maturity are key! Remember "Be angry, but do not sin... Do not give the devil any opportunity........" These moments of shame, weakness and disappointment of myself, will not stop me from my spiritual mission..... God has forgiven me, I must forgive myself... I must remember and reflect on the shame and be stronger next time..... No excuses.

Article:
What do you do when you fail — when you sin — as a child of God? There is hope because God is God. Recognize that God did not restrain you from failing either because you deserved to fail since you did not choose to obey Him, or because He wanted to teach you something, to cleanse you, make you more like Him. It is part of the discipline, the "child-training" of those who belong to the Lord. 

If it is moral failure, do as David did in Psalm 51. Throw yourself on God's mercy, on God's grace. Cry...
Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your loving kindness; according to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions. (verse 1)Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.... Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit. (verses 10 and 12)
Those who keep looking back at their failures will never win the race set before them. We can evaluate where and how we failed for the purpose of learning and growing; however, the past is never to be our focus. If it is, it will cripple our future. As we look at failure, we need to understand why we fail and when we fail.

We also fail when we try to do it "our way," when we don't follow and live by God's precepts, His commandments, or when we think we are smarter than God, or don't need to involve God...this time. The will of God is discerned by knowing the Word of God (Romans 12:1-2). We need to put ourselves on the altar and tell God He can direct us any way He desires. The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord.

The secret to recovering from failure is to continue to cling to your God. We are here to teach you to cling to Him...and not let go. I urge you to go deeper into His Word this year. Number your days, discipline yourself to be a man or a woman of the Lord. When the test, the trial or the temptation comes, you can overcome. "...This is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith" (1 John 5:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment