Sunday 17 June 2012

With full conviction, I recently made a comment that it is not enough for me to just merely live a comfortable Christian life.... rather, I want to be USED to my fullest in a significant way as an instrument by God for His glory.

Today, I thought a little more about that statement.......I did not go into deep spiritual analysis about it because the answer was simple. I had so many cultural/religious/intellectual obstacles that stood before me in coming to the Lord where I fought a hard battle against Jesus, and I had the devil constantly trying to deter me by whispering fear, guilt and shame within me........YET, I still stand today with great conviction, love, JOY, strength and peace IN Christ.......... SO, after all that, I would allow myself to believe that Christ just merely wants me to comfortably sit in my faith????? I refuse to believe this. Now, instead of fighting against Christ to come to faith, I will be fighting ALONGSIDE Christ to spread my faith to the unreached Muslim population. I truly believe that a seed has been planted because this calling has grabbed me in a powerful way. It is a whole different battle.... but this time, I have God's Kingdom, power, truth, the Holy Spirit and a group of faithful warriors backing me up. Not bad eh?

A side note: I have used the word "I" many times thus far shamelessly, but I know with full force that "I" would have been doomed without the power of the Holy Spirit. "I have no good apart from you..."

I do not expect nor do I want my walk with the Lord to just be "comfortable".... Be good, read your Bible, love your neighbor, serve here and there, go to church etc. ....NO. I think about all those early Christians who were humiliated, persecuted and slaughtered for the sake of Christ...Yet, we now live in a world where we try to avoid suffering at all costs.... so, forget suffering for the sake of our Savior! Here is a question I have been deeply thinking about in recent days: As a follower of our Lord Jesus Christ, would you truly lay down your life for Him? The answer is simply yes or no. Do not deceive yourself....You must TRULY be honest when answering this question because it has the potential to rip your world apart.

 Lord, I pray that you use me for your glory until my dying day when you can no longer use me anymore....My prayers have changed. All I pray for now is, "God use me, use me, use me, use me in a powerful way"

Lord, never let me become merely "comfortable" in your presence and Mighty name.... 

When you start to merely exist in a state of comfort, ease and minimal suffering for the sake of Christ..... well, that is when you should worry.

Christ did not die on the Cross so that Salvation could just be cradled in our arms.... rather, it is our duty, if we like it or not, as Christ's soldiers to share His Glory and Truth with all people.... all flesh.... as we face a broken world that tells us that we are crazy........... that  can include your family and friends :)

The question is..... are you too comfortably numb in Christ to want to take on that burden for His sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment