Thursday 14 June 2012

Kansas City Living.......

Seek the Kingdom of God First and His righteousness, then all things will be given to you. Therefore Lord, help me clear out of my life of all those things that block me from having God alone as the center and King of every aspect of my life.

Well, it has been about three days since my two suitcases, my one way ticket and I arrived in Kansas City, MO. There are unexpected curves in the path of life, to say the least. Often times the choices in ones life are dictated and motivated by desires that fall outside the realm of what God's will is for us. So, we plan and move forward to satisfy our earthly desires without giving the Spirit any participation in the decision making. I have come to realize early in my walk with the Lord that I can not categorize my personal, social, professional, and spiritual segments of my life as independent of one another. I hold firm to the knowledge that my spiritual life with Christ is the center of all things and all other aspects of my life are only an extension of that. In order to satisfy my hunger for professional accomplishments, I must look to God for advice. In order to have truly fulfilling relationships, I must imitate Christ. The only way I will experience the truest and Godliest form of love and happiness, I must be jab dab in the middle of God's will for me. There is the world's definition of love, success, happiness and joy...... and there is God's definition which is NOT about merely satisfying our desires, but rather knowing that we are in obedience to God's will, therefore, glorifying HIM.  Remember that Jesus said: “I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete.” By following Jesus and seeking to fulfill HIS purpose in our lives, we attain a JOY that is unmeasurable.  This JOY gives birth to strength and peace... but even more than that, this JOY is loud and present even in the midst of suffering and pain. THAT IS GOD'S JOY. In the world's definition of happiness, once suffering comes along in ones life, JOY runs away like a thief in the night.

I came to KC because my God demanded me to, so I obeyed. This command was a direct response to my prayer and cries...... " Lord, I do not know why I am going, but I know that in your time, you will reveal your plan and glory to me. I have lost much...... but I have gained everything.... I have been given the tools that I must use to build a Godly foundation and a Godly life that will truly satisfy my heart and desire to glorify you." I am thirsty for the Word of God, so as I commit to HIM, HIS Word and HIS truth, my God with all his love and grace will shine HIS light upon my steps to satisfy my professional, personal, social, and spiritual needs. I have learned that there is NO fear in God. What can Man do to me?

Thus far, my time in KC has calmed and rejuvenated my heart in ways that words can not describe. I am at awe with how fast God can work sometimes when other times you want scream out, " you might wanna hurry it up a bit Lord...." But we must trust that God's timing is perfect. HE has so faithfully answered so many prayers in only a few days. I am surrounded by HIS children who radiate with HIS love and knowledge..... and they have been pouring HIS love and knowledge upon me.... building me up in faith!!!! I am BLESSED to be in the presence of Cheryl and Jeff Adams whom God has used to ignite my heart and guide my steps. I am in AWE of their love, compassion, integrity and wisdom.  They are the most beautiful and truest examples of what it means to walk as children of light..... loyal servant's to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, I am full of nerves and I am scared because I do not know what will become of my life.... but we live by faith and not by sight, so I must trust. Any fear, anxiety, sadness or anger that the devil uses to attempt to paralyze me in my walk with the Lord, I put in God's hands.... and HE takes that burden for me. In exchange, HE continues to fill me with HIS Spirit and Truth.  My eyes are FIXATED on Christ, so that I may magnify HIM in my life. THAT IS THE GOD I SERVE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment