Monday 11 February 2013

To God My Exceeding Joy

In the midst of the chaos and brokenness, we experience a joy that is so awesome. There are precious moments when we escape the chains of the world, allowing our Godly joy to surface and dance within us, vibrating our Spirit to the sound of praise. I love those moments. I am overwhelmed and overflowing with love for my God. Yet, this moment ends and joy sits back down quietly and watches us with sad eyes as we return to the business of the world. Anxieties, stress and fear walk back into the room and demand attention. 

Sometimes I close my eyes and day dream about the joy we will feel when we are reunited with God in His Kingdom. The beauty, the brightness, the peace and the everlasting joy...... C.S Lewis wrote: "Do you think it all meant nothing, all the longing? The longing for home? For indeed it now feels not like going, but like going back. All my life the god of the Mountain has been wooing me. Oh, look up once at least before the end and wish me joy. I am going to my lover. Do you not see now?"

This joy I dream of will not be for a mere precious moment struggling to surface from filth, but rather I will embrace and dance with this joy for eternity. Like separated lover's, I will be reconciled with this joy. I will be reconciled with Jesus, the lover of my soul. Oh how sweet and electrifying this joy will be. 


I dream about this joy
I crave this joy
I find strength in this joy 'The joy of the Lord IS your strength" Nehemiah 8:10
I endure for this joy "....For the joy that was set before Him endured the cross.." Hebrews 12:2 

Can we have understanding of it?
Can we define it?
Can we search it?
Can we measure it?

I think that it's a taste of the Lord, and He is good. "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!" Psalms 34:8

I think that it's everything that awaits us. "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment